December 4, 2007
When consuming Cannabis you should always keep these tips in mind to prevent possible negative experiences.
• THC, the active ingredient in Cannabis, is a mood enhancer. Make sure you are having a day that you wish to make more intense, or refrain from using Cannabis products. Drug use is a personal choice and should not be influenced by another person’s opinion.
• Smoking joints and using a vaporiser will lower the amount of sugar in your blood, at worst case leading to nausea, ringing ears, and sweating. If this occurs please drink some sugar water or juice, or have some chocolate (avoiding caffeine). Fresh air usually helps and so does a good meal, but panicking will not!
• Unfortunately someone who has consumed too many “space” products will notice no relief from sugar water, as the metabolised cannabinoids are unaffected by sugar. Please allow 20 minutes to two hours for a space product to start working, and if the cake is larger try eating half and waiting an hour before consuming more.
• Please use caution when combining Cannabis and alcohol. Smoking a joint can make your drinks feel up to three times stronger!
• All Cannabis users (but especially medical users) please make sure to use only organically grown products (no chemical nutrients or pesticides).When visiting Coffeeshops the Netherlands there are certain things you need to keep in mind.
• Don’t feel obliged to consume the entire amount of Cannabis purchased in that same coffeeshop, as you may carry up to five grams and enjoy it at the next shop you visit.
• Not all coffeeshops are the same. Trust your instincts and remember that the shop is selling you drugs. If you can’t get enough information about the menu from which you are choosing, feel free to go somewhere else. Mushroom products are to be purchased at a “Smart Shop.” You are not required to consume the entire bag of Cannabis or mushrooms before leaving the shop!
• Cannabis falls under a “tolerant” policy in the Netherlands, meaning that there is no product regulation in the coffeeshops. You are not permitted to purchase or carry more than five grams of Cannabis and hash at any time.